Want your project to be on-time and on-budget?
Select the right pre-commissioning partner
Today’s petrochemical projects are large and complex, with fierce competition and pressure to deliver them on-time and on-budget. While this process can be daunting, ensuring your project’s success can be simple, if you select the right pre-commissioning partner.
What to look for:
To select the right pre-commissioning partner, ask yourself:
- Will my partner stand the test of time? A true value, pre-commissioning partner must be prepared to support your project from start to finish, and have the credentials to prove it. A project experience list with references can tell a lot about a potential partner’s depth of experience.
- Who is on the team? The best pre-commissioning partners will have exceptional people who are well trained and have many years of experience in the pre-commissioning industry.
- Are they effective leaders, who share your vision for creating project cost savings and reducing expensive schedule days, while maintaining the highest safety standards? Leaders must have a proven support plan that creates a smooth transition from construction to commissioning and startup. These leaders can help drive the project’s success safely, smoothly, on-time and on-budget.
- What kind of equipment can they provide? Top pre-commissioning partners can support a fast-track project because they have a large inventory of purpose built equipment. They should be able to supply multiple high-quality equipment setups at the same time as is often necessary for large complex projects. In addition, they should have an equipment testing and maintenance program in place, which will help ensure safety and minimize avoidable delays.
- Is the equipment rented, or does the pre-commissioning partner own it? Rental equipment can come with many unknowns that can raise safety concerns and waste precious time. At B&W Services, we take the unknown out of the equation by minimizing the use of third party rental equipment to only a few specific categories sourced from reputable vendors vetted through our Quality Management System. The majority of equipment on our projects will be top-quality B&W owned equipment, designed and built in-house, after years of development. This helps ensure the equipment can outperform all others safely.
- How do they communicate? The best pre-commissioning partners provide superior plans that can be understood and implemented safely and smoothly. They provide detailed documentation and communicate clearly with everyone involved; from project directors to the skilled pipe fitters installing our equipment, and everyone between.
Pre-Commissioning is an investment. Your project’s success will require teamwork relationships that can produce identifiable and profitable results safely, smoothly, on-time and on-budget. Learn more about how B&W Energy Services handles pre-commissioning.
One of the world’s top pre-commissioning partners, B&W Services is the leading ISO9001:2015 certified company in our industry. Connect with us at [email protected] or 281-534-9300, and experience a true value, pre-commissioning partner.