Steam blowing helps eliminate a number of potential problems during plant start-up, and it’s best performed via a comprehensive approach. Effective steam blowing that achieves optimal results requires a combination of skilled personnel, advanced equipment and thorough engineering.
Skilled personnel with deep knowledge of steam blowing techniques ensure the process is planned and executed efficiently.
Advanced equipment and technologies help ensure safety, accuracy and productivity during steam blowing operations.
Thorough engineering enables specifically-tailored procedures for maximum efficiency and minimal risk.
Throughout the last 20 years, we have successfully engineered and executed thousands of steam blows in more than 22 countries. The knowledge our team has gained makes us uniquely qualified to tackle any steam blow project, large or small.
The B&W Approach
Several companies offer steam blowing services, but no one does it as well as B&W Energy Services. Here’s why:
- We have a team of skilled professionals with extensive knowledge and experience on the world’s largest projects.
- We use state-of-the-art technology to ensure safety and efficiency.
- All temporary piping is designed and built to ASME B31.3 piping code.
- B&W maintains the largest fleet of steam blow equipment in the industry, including wet and dry type silencers.
- We offer the most comprehensive engineering packages, designed based on your specific project requirements.
There are several types of steam blowing methodologies utilized today. Low-pressure continuous blowing is most common, has the shortest duration and minimal support/restraint requirements. High-pressure exhaustive blowing has the longest overall duration with high reaction forces and maximum support/restraint requirements. Fit only for some specific circumstances, hybrid blowing mixes steady-state and cyclical conditions. B&W will implement the methodology best suited for your project.
Finding the right partner for steam blowing is crucial to successful plant start-up, because it can ensure safety and save you time and money. When you need steam blowing services, and you need them performed with speed, quality and safety at the forefront, you need B&W. Contact our team today!